Join us for our meet-up to learn how to submit a convincing abstract for the Call for Papers at Codemotion Berlin 2017!
A major goal of Codemotion Berlin is to be inclusive to the largest number of submitters, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. Yet, many people would like to share their knowledge at Codemotion, but don’t feel comfortable handing in a paper. In order to encourage women and people from the LGBTQIA community, we’ve planned a workshop on how to effectively make a proposal.
The meet-up will take place at the Microsoft office in Berlin on Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:00 pm. It’s a free coaching for everybody who wants to become a speaker at Codemotion. Our coach will give examples of well written abstracts and show how to easily improve proposals. Attendees will receive individual feedback and help with elaborating their session idea from our coach Tiffany:
Tiffany is a Canadian who has lived in Berlin since 2008. She loves making, eating, and sharing good food.
For the past five years, Tiffany has worked at SoundCloud as a frontend developer, UX designer, and product manager, often all at once.
- Learn how to write a compelling proposal, generate ideas, and leave with one example proposal
- Welcome and introductions
- Presentation: Writing a compelling proposal
- Light Dinner (around 19:00) – sponsored by Microsoft
- Idea generation: an interactive session
- Writing a proposal: try out the things we’ve learned + get feedback
- Closing: questions and discussions, possibility to talk to members of Women Who Code and Women Techmakers
Back to news list